Friday, August 6, 2010

Where did the summer go?

As I sit and contemplate my pending fate of a barrage of papers to grade, students in my office, colleagues, bosses and parents to interact with, the question that keeps coming to my mind is "Where did the summer go?"  My birthday, which is Monday is very bittersweet for me.  In some years, it was the first day of faculty returning to school after summer break.  I am looking forward to my birthday.

I was at a birthday party last night, not mine but a friend's, imagine four Leos in the same room.  One of the topics that came up during conversation was "Operation S.O.S."  Operation Save our Summer.  I took that to mean, that as Labor Day is nearly a month away, stop and take time to do something fun in all this heat and humidity.  In short, take time to enjoy life and enjoy just being.  I know this is particularly difficult.  So for every week between now and Labor Day, I challenge you to do something fun, come at peace with someone.  This could be as simple as: SLOW DOWN! STOP! RELAX! BREATHE!  Don't get so caught up on the journey that you lose sight of your destination.  Operation Save Our Summer is in full effect.

Peace,
Karsten

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment