Monday, August 9, 2010

Aged or Refined?

Well, here it is, the big day!  To top it all off, my birthday coincides with the New Moon, on the lunar cycle.  One thing that I can always depend on, is a birthday wake up call from my mom. 

There was no birthday song, as there normally is.  However when one's mother says that her spawn is getting old, it makes for a good chuckle if nothing else.  After well wishes for a great and awesome day, my mom hangs up and then commences to do what she has to do today.

So, the lingering question is; Aged or Refined?  somethings improve with age, wine probably being at the top of the list.  Also, cheese, cookbooks, soil, and clothes (they'll be retro soon enough).  Although I am no longer the scrawny 20 year-old, I once was, I look at where I was then compared to where I am now -- I am like wow!!!  I've grown so much, in many ways and am appreciative for all the things and lessons learned (good and bad), that have produced a germinated seed of wisdom.

I may not be where or what I want to be, but thanks be to God that I am not what I used to be.  On your (un)birthday, embrace the aging process, because it will ultimately produce wisdom.  Happy UnBirthday, Everyone!  If you're reading this and today is your birthday, may you be blessed with many, many more.

Peace,
Karsten

"Men are like wine.  Some turn to vinegar, but the best of them improve with age."  C.E.M. Joad

1 comment:

  1. So let me sing to you. Imagine for a moment. A melody. Hum along if you like.

    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to yooooouuu.
    Happy Birthday to you.

    And many moooooorree.
    Shelia

    ReplyDelete