Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hallelujah, anyhow!

Last week a friend of mine told me that he had been laid off from his job.  This is not too uncommon in 2010.  After my friend told me this, my immediate response was "Hallelujah!"  I know that you may think that I am rejoicing in someone else's misery, but let me explain.

My friend has vented on several occasions about his job, staff and colleagues.  It had gotten to a point that in the last few weeks of his job he would literally get sick to the stomach loathing the fact that he would have to go deal with these people.  Believe me, I know what's it's like to have to go to a job that you don't want to, in order to have the basic necessities of life.  Another friend of mine who was laid off in the winter said that it was the best thing that could have happened to her.  She's not working around the office stress and drama.  Then I have to ask myself would I be saying "Hallelujah" if the tables were turned.

The lesson in all this is; when one door closes, there is sure to be an open window, in which we can escape to our true potential.  Stay consistent and keep the faith.  You are on the brink of your breakthrough.  The challenge for today is to think of friends, family members and possibly strangers that are either unemployed or underemployed.  Pray that they continue to be optimistic in this season, and that miraculous opportunities and resources will come to them.

Peace,
Karsten

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.  Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment