Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Sun will come out tomorrow, Put on a Happy Face!

Those are two of my favorite songs from my childhood.  In fact I auditioned for choir at North Carolina State University with Put on a Happy Face.  I love the lyrics to "Tomorrow," especially the line that goes, "When I think of a day that's gray and lonely -- I just stick out my chin and grin, and say...The sun'll come out tomorrow."

We also have to remember that gray skies are gonna clear up, brush off the clouds and cheer up...and spread sunshine all over the place.  I often find myself singing these peppy songs in the shower, at work, in elevators and even grocery store aisles.

Both of these catchy tunes remind us that regardless of the storms, mishaps and trials from yesterday, or the storms that we endured overnight, the sun will come out, and the clouds will pass away.  In life we are in one of three transitory positions:  about to enter a storm, in the middle of the storm, just getting out of the storm.  Friends, it is important to remember that the struggles, storms and trials are only temporal and will pass.  "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!"  Keep the faith and let joy abound all over you and yours today and always.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment