Friday, August 13, 2010

To whom much is given...

Blah, blah, blah!  I am sure that you could finish this statement with ...much is required.  While on the phone the other day with a very dear friend, I was reminded of this.  We were in a conversation about a situation with a friend of mine, that has a particular need.

Midway through the conversation, my friend says to me, "Now -- Karsten; to whom much is given, much is required."  I must admit that I actually felt convicted, and a little embarrassed.  Yes, my best friend has called me out yet again.

A lot of times when we hear this scripture which comes from the gospel of Luke, we instantly think about financial or material things.  But I also think that as we are afforded opportunities of more time, that if we share that with someone else, maybe in the future -- someone will be willing to spend a little extra time with us.  Maybe you have a talent that you can share with others?  If you bless someone with your gift and abilities, I am sure that it will come back to you.  On some level, we all have things that we treasure.  Take time to share and see how it comes back to you.

The challenge for today is give of yourself, time, talent and treasure, and see how it will come back to you.  Have a happy and safe weekend!  Remember the words of Luke 12:48.  "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment