Thursday, October 7, 2010

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Can't you just hear Mrs. Fletcher's voice in the famous tagline from the LifeCall commercial from the 80s and 90s?  I can't tell you how many times I've laughed at that commercial.  At times I would even get my grandmother to pretend to be Mrs. Fletcher, without the falling, of course. 

The scientific law of gravity states that if something goes up, it must come down.  What is it about falling that can be so embarrassing?  Believe me, I have had my fair share of trips, stumbles and ungraceful tumbles.  Just like clockwork, the first thing that I do is turn around to look to see if anyone saw me.  Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have no witnesses and move on, but other times, I've had a live studio audience having an LOL moment at my personal expense.

Have you recently had a fall?  I'm not speaking of some gravitational pull that may have caused you public or private embarrassment, but rather a spiritual distraction.  In life we all have falls, and stumbles along the way as we strive for some form of perfection.  But unlike Mrs. Fletcher in the LifeCall commercial, you may have fallen, but you may certainly get up.  The question is, do you want to get up, or continue to wallow in self-pity and other self-loathing behavior?  If you have had a trip, stumble, or perfectly landed on your sit-down piece, the good news for today is; you can get up.  There is a gospel song that reminds us that at time we may fall down, but we get up.  Your past is your past, and it won't last!  After you've gotten up from your fall, for the love of God, please help Mrs. Fletcher up off the floor.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment