Thursday, October 21, 2010

Godly Swagger

Urban Dictionary.com defines swagger as: (a) How one presents him or herself to the world. Swagger is shown from how the person handles a situation. It can also be shown in the person's walk.  (b) Swagger is the confidence exuded as a reflection of ones dress, shoe game, and attitude. Suffice it to say that in common ebonics, that swagger is a noun.  "Ay yo mane, I got my serious swagger on today!"

This is one of my favorite 21st Century terms.   It ranks highly with tweet, google and OMG!  However, how we present ourselves to the world and others is very important.  One of the things that was instilled in me from childhood is knowing that I am just as good as, but not better than others.  It was drilled into me to hold my head up, look confident and to not have my pants sagging.  What's your swagger?

Think about it, God wants you to have a swagger that sets you apart in a good way.  After all, you are a part of a holy nation and a royal priesthood.  Swagger goes beyond the outside, clothes, shoes and hairstyles.  It starts on the inside.  Ultimately how you view yourself is how others will see you.  Let go of the self-pity, the If I would haves, and I should haves.  There is only one you.  You may be often immitated but never ever adequately duplicated.  Psalm 139:14 reminds us: "I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful."  The world is waiting on you.  Get your godly swagger on!

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment