Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Got Peace?

Peace is defined as; the state prevailing during the absence of war, harmonious relations; freedom from disputes, the absence of mental stress or anxiety, and the general security of public places.  I hope that you have noticed that each time I close out a blog entry, I always bid you peace.  For today, I want to explore that portion of the definition of peace which says that peace is the absence of mental stress or anxiety.

Look at everything going on in your life right now.  Got Peace?  Think about the drama at work, the crazy children and home in general, church involvement, and trying to squeeze in time to check in on your friends.  Got Peace?  My vocal coach in college always used to tell us to "Let Go and Let God!"  Whatever you have going on in your life, and if your life is as hectic as mine, you have a lot going on, let it go and let God handle it.  You can have peace.  But is it more convenient for us to wallow and complain, rather than accepting the gift of peace that has been bequeathed to us?  Got Peace?  If not, think on the words of the old hymn, "It is well with my soul."

When peace, like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control;
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And has shed his own blood for my soul.

The peace of the Lord always be with you!
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment