Tuesday, August 9, 2011

12 months later...

I find it hard to believe that it's been a year since I've been BLOGging.  Happy Un-Birthday to you!  It is my birthday today.  One thing that I have come to realize, each day is a gift from God.  I am yet again in the 30 something club, and loving it.  My Facebook, Twitter and newly acquired crackberry phone have all just been inundated with well wishes.  I am truly humbled, this is a true blessing of super technology.  I have the pleasure of sharing my birthday with the likes of Whitney Houston, Melanie Griffith and Juanes, as well as my pseudo twin Tremain Teel, high school class mate Wilbert Levett, and Dr. Angelo Burch. 

I've been encouraged to enjoy my day and have a blast several times already.  But when I was able to open my eyes this morning, get out of bed and utter thank you Jesus for another year, that was priceless.  Shortly after my birthday last year, I decided I would blog.  For the most part, I've been consistent, with a few breaks here and there.  Over the last twelve months, we've had extreme heat and cold, lack and plenty, joy and pain, chaos and order.  I can say that I've grown and regressed in some areas, but through it all, I know that God was, and still is with me, even when I did not perceive this to be the case or questioned the fairness of God's providence and sovereignty. 

During the last year of this journey, I've lost a few generals in my personal life who have crossed over into the vast expanse of eternity.  I've cried, shouted for jubilation, relentlessly said Lord, Have mercy!  But I realize that in the words of the gospel song that "I never would have made it without YOU!"  The song further says that I'm stronger, wiser and better.  This is where I am today, happy with Jesus Joy, stronger, wiser, better and yet holding on.  Only what you do for Christ will last.  "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift.  That is why we call it the present."  Happy Un-Birthday to you!  Life is Good!

Peace,
Karsten

1 comment: