Sunday, September 5, 2010

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

Because of N.C. State's football victory over Western Carolina University yesterday, I am a fairly contented alum and member-at-large of the Wolfpack.  Hopefully, this will not be our only victory this season (hint-hint to Coach O'Brian).  However, I'm going to take us back to a time in our childhood.  The story of the Three little pigs have lots of memorable quotes.  "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin, I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down."  My question to you is Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

You know the story, three little pigs leave home in search of fortunes and their lot in life.  They each built houses, one from straw, one from sticks and another from bricks.  Then their adversary the big bad wolf of the forest came about with his chest all puffed up saying "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"
He was successful with the straw and stick houses, but was not successful when he rolled up on the brick house.

The brick house had a firm foundation.  The lesson in this childhood story is, that brick house represents our faith.  Needless to say, the enemy will come, huffing and puffing, but our faith should be as strong and resistent as the brick foundation.  That's not to say that we won't shake and tremble in our faith, but ultimately, we'll be left standing and will not be blown down.  The challenge for today is to build your hope and faith on things eternal and hold to God's unchanging hand.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment