Friday, September 3, 2010

Look where he's brought me from!

Have you ever thought about this?  Have you ever had a moment when you think about how good the Almighty has been to you?  I do, quite frequently.  I can remember my first years of teaching and getting my hard earned monthly stipend, only to discover that I had more month than money.

If you really think about it, we all can think of times in our lives when things have not been as well as they are.  Let's face it, in the 21st century, some of us have amassed more than our parents and definately our grandparents.  I'm blown away sometimes when I walk in my closet, at all the shoes, suits and Ralph Lauren gear, and yet there are people that don't even have the basic neccesities of life.  Even in all that that I've accomplished, through God's infinite grace, sometimes I still feel inadequate.

Remember that where ever you are on the journey, think about where he's brought you from, and that someone out there would just love to be in your shoes or situation, even if only for a day.  The challenge for today is to think of whose you are, where you are, where you're going and how far you've come.  You may get flooded with emotions.  But in the grand scheme of things; Life is good -- and we truly have a lot to be thankful for.  Have a Happy Weekend as you rest from your labors!

Peace,
Karsten

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Karsten. I needed this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up Squires! Remember you can't plow straight and keep looking back! Praising God for your journey and how you got over!

    ReplyDelete