Thursday, February 3, 2011

Turning your mess into a message

I love talking to my friends, especially friends that go to different churches or even those that follow different faiths.  I was recently in a conversation with a friend and he told me that he had gone to church that day and how much the service blessed him.  I asked him what the sermon was about.  He told me that the title was "Turning your mess into a message!"  Without hearing any type of scriptural reference, my spirit just leaped within and the title of this sermon blessed me, and I thought that I would share some thoughts and reflections with you, my blogosphere buddies.

If we think about it, we are all a HOT MESS!  Yeah, we cover it up well. We perfume the stench of our lives away.  And Lord, come Sunday morning and time to go to work, we certainly can dress it up well.  I am preaching to myself as well.  Some of us are so bad, that our issues have issues and our drama is plagued with drama.  Regardless of your mess -- The failed marriage, poor financial decisions, low self esteem, job layoff, not finishing that which you've started, the broken relationships with friends and family, your inner struggles to find peace and ridding yourself of resentment.  Need I continue?  We all have mess in our lives.  Brothers and sisters, it is high time that we take our mess and turn it into a message.

Take this moment to boldly declare that you will not let your past and current situations define who you are and your potential as a child of God.  It may not seem like it, but the messes that we're in now will prove to be the best testimonies of how we got over.  I've said this before; you cannot have a TESTimony, without a test.  We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the words of our testimony.  In fact you're such a hot mess, when you get delivered from it, people will look at how you've come through the fire not even singed and in your right mind.  At that moment, they will know that it was God working in and through you.  Remember that your latter end will be greater than your former end.  Take charge now and turn your mess into a message!

Peace,
Karsten

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you liked it. I am even more glad that you posted a comment. I would love to get more commentary from my blogosphere buddies!

    ReplyDelete