Thursday, January 27, 2011

What is HE doing through you?

Sorry I've been out ot the BLOGosphere for a while.  You know how it goes.  I've been overly consumed by the cares of life, work, home, family, friends, my issues and the list goes on.  One may conjecture that busyness is both a blessing and a curse.  But beloved, that does not mean that you have not been in my thoughts and prayers. 

Over the course of the last week or so, I've really been ministered to on the subject of "light".  When I had a crash and burn moment at work, one of my colleagues reminded me to let my light shine.  How appropriate, after all this is the season of epiphany.  Even during advent I blogged about letting your light shine.  I just love how God will send someone to you to preach the same word to you that you've poured into someone else, in order to build you up. 

Many of us are going through faith trying seasons, but as I was reminded this past Sunday while streaming live into worship at Greater Allen Cathedral, that Isaiah reminds us to rise and shine because our light has come.  Even now more than ever, I encourage you to let your light shine in calamity and chaos.  But Sunday as I was sitting in church, my priest posed a simple question that just blessed me.  What is "HE" doing through you?  The he is Jesus, our saviour.  I really thought about that.  It is my hope that he is teaching Spanish through me, spreading love, joy, peace and laughter through me.  I left church wanting Jesus to do even more things through me, so that people won't see Karsten, but the Spirit of God.  I heard a minister once say, "Hide me behind the cross of calvary, and from thee I will not stray."  I am still thinking on what Jesus is doing and possibly could be doing in and through me.  So today, I ask you the same question.  What is "HE" doing through you?

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment