Monday, November 15, 2010

So unworthy, but yet so thankful

As I sit and blog, I am literally speechless.  Thanksgiving is a little more than a week away, Christmas decorations have been put up pretty much all over the city.  I am enjoying an attitude of gratitude.  If I had ten thousand tongues, it just wouldn't be enough to say "Thank you, Lord!"  I cannot utter up enough gracias, merci, danke, obgridado, efharisto, or todahs, to thank God for his infinite grace and mercy.  I am so unworthy, but yet so thankful.  It could have been the other way.  God didn't give up on me, and I'm not going to give up on myself.

The challenge for today is to turn your complaint into an offering of thanksgiving.  For example, instead of saying: These people on my job are getting on my nerves.  Consider saying;  Lord, I thank you that I am gainfully employed and that you have surrounded me by people, with whom I can share my faith. Remember, whatever your lot in life, we truly have so much to be thankful for.  I am so unworthy, but yet so thankful.  We are all products of grace.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment