Friday, November 12, 2010

Me and my big mouth!

I laugh just thinking about the blog entry title for today.  I have had countless foot in mouth moments in my life and anticipate having a few more.  Whether it's the white lie, the slip up, the inside joke that if everyone was clued in on, someone's feelings would be hurt, the four lettered-one syllable word that you didn't intend to slip out.  Whatever the case, James 1:19 reminds us:  "Wherefore my beloved bretheren, let every man be swift to hear and slow to speak."

I actually find it interesting that James admonishes us to listen before speaking.  Wow, If I could only master that concept.  The challenge for today is not to beat yourself upside the head for saying things that you can't take back, but rather listen, think and the speak!  In your personal time of meditation, just sit in blessed quietness and listen to your heart before making your supplications.  Listen to your friends and loved ones, often times they just want to be heard and not judged.  Happy Friday!

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment