Thursday, November 11, 2010

Get Excited!

One of the elements of school spirit at my job is the common tagline "Get excited!"  After an SGA officer or other student leaders make announcements at school assembly and other club meetings, at the end they'll respond with "Get excited!"  Example:  "The Spanish Club will have a guest speaker on Thursday -- Get Excited!"

Excitement and enthusiasm are very contagious.  During this time of year, we're more concerned with contracting colds, the flu (swine 09, or other various strands), strep throat, and my personal favorite, pneumonia.  Just as these illnesses are very contagious, our excitement and enthusiasm are as well.  Today is a new day, Get excited and be glad about it.  You may be looking at your life and thinking.  I don't have much to be excited about.  I'm unemployed, I'm single, My money is funny and lauging at me, I hate my job, I hate my life, and the list goes on and on.

The challenge for today is to simply get excited!  Get excited about the expectancy of possibility.  You are pregnant with potential and before long, the excitement of the birth of your baby named Potential will be very contagious.  You may not be where you are, but thanks be to God that you are not where you were.  If you need a boost in excitement, say this old school prayer with me.

Eternal God, our Father,
I come before today just as humble as I know how.
Thank you for allowing me to see another day.
I could have been dead and sleeping in my bed.
But you, in your mercy woke me up clothed in my right mind.
Lord, give me strength to do your will.
Put love in my heart.
Send your angels and mercy down to watch over me.
Forgive me, and I'll forgive others.
And when you call me home, I want to hear you say,
Well done, thou good and faithful servant.  

Amen
KGT

No comments:

Post a Comment