Thursday, December 9, 2010

This little light of mine!

This little light of mine!   I'm gonna let it shine!
This little light of mine!   I'm gonna let it shine!

All in my home!             I'm gonna let it shine!
All in my school!           I'm gonna let it shine!
All in my job!                I'm gonna let it shine!
Everywhere I go!          I'm gonna let it shine! 

Let it shine!  Let it shine!  Let it shine!
Let it shine!  Let it shine!  Let it shine!

This by far has to be one of my favorite childhood songs that I often find myself humming and foot tapping to even as an adult.  Jesus told his disciples and that includes, us the 21st Century disciples that "We are the light of the world, and that we should let our light shine."  In this fast-paced world of ours, I dare you to shine your light of love, truth, compassion and humility in the dark places of struggle and opposition.  Be the beacon of hope that someone needs to see, not only in advent, but always.

Shine out!
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment