Thursday, December 30, 2010

The 365 day difference

If you're like me, you may be contemplating how you have changed from last year to this year.  Or maybe, you could be anticipating how 2011 will be different for you than 2010.  I have not written a formal list of goals for 2011, if I were to be honest with myself, they would probably be the same as they were last year this time as we were closing out 2009.

I will say that 2010 has been an interesting year with its fair share of losses, gains, ups, downs, twists and turns.  But through it all we have been kept.  My grandmother used to say quite frequently, "I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow."  To be honest, we really don't know what's in store for us in 2011.  Anyone with half a gnat's brain would automatically hope for peace, love, joy and prosperity.  But, there are some things that will throw us off between the moments of love, peace and joy.  Sometimes these occurences may be welcomed and at other times they may not be.

Here's a simple challenge.  Be the best YOU that you can be in 2011.  I know that some of us will break out the lists of goals, and the litany includes -- losing 20 pounds, saving more money, eating more healthy, going to worship more consistently, not to drink any more, or any less, to quit smoking, to manage time better.  The list goes on and on.  But whatever you resolve to do in 2011, remember to be the best YOU that you can be.  Nobody else can be you.  You are a professional you.  Now walk in it.  I once heard Pastor T.L. Carmichael, Sr. say, "If you do the same thing, you'll get the same results."  What are you going to do differently in 2011, that will bring about the change and results that you want?

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment