Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent #5



 

Happy Ash Wednesday!  Oh, wait.   Lent is not a happy season, but rather a penitent season.  Oops, my bad.  Holy Lent!   I don’t have anything of significant insight to share today.  Even though I’m penitent, in the midst of that penitence, there is joy unspeakable, so yes, I am happy.  I have two very close friends who love lent.  I mean really love lent.  Although I’m more of an Advent/Christmas and Ordinary Times fellow, their love and appreciation for lent has actually rubbed off on me.  Thank you, Hershey and Elizabeth.

Lent # 5?  You may think that to be a strange title for today’s blog post.  Sounds like it could be some new fragrance waiting to be pimped out by the church.  It’s like this, if someone asks me what I want to get from #Lent2K13.  There are five things that immediately come to mind (as well as others).

1.      Revival: 
Revive the dormant talents and gifts that lie within you.
2.      Reconciliation: 
Reconcile yourself to God and others.
3.      Rest: 
Rest and recharge your battery during this time of reflection.
4.      Reclaim: 
Reclaim that which has been taken away from you.
5.      Reciprocate: 
Reciprocate the blessings and love of God in your life.

Those of you who are giving up or taking on additional practices as a part of your Lenten discipline, I wish you much dedication and joy for the journey.  If you have a slip-up, don’t beat yourself up, just brush off the dust and keep it moving.  Even in this penitent season of reflection, remember that you are blessed to be a blessing to others.  Wishing you a Holy Lent!

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment