Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Touch the hem of HIS garment!


I think that one of my favorite miracles of Jesus is when the woman with the issue of blood was healed.  I bet you were thinking that my absolute favorite miracle was the water changing to wine at the wedding in Cana.  Believe me, that miracle is number two on the list.  The story of the woman with the issue of blood is brief and can be found in the gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke.  My favorite account is Mark's version.  I love the King James version of this story.

Mark's account says that there woman who had an issue of blood for twelve years.  She spent all that she had on doctors and physicians trying to find a cure but did not get better but grew worse.  One day Jesus was passing through town with a crowd of people around him as he was in route to Jairus' house, whose daughter had died.  The woman, knowing who Jesus was, as sickly as she was, said to herself "If I could but touch the hem of his garment, I'll be made whole."  She pressed her way through the crowd and touch Jesus' coattail.  At that moment, she was healed.  Jesus felt that power had gone out of him and asked his disciples "who touched me?"  They said "look at all these people!  You ask who touched you?"  Jesus told them that power had left him.  The newly healed woman came forward and he told her daughter your faith has made you whole.

Some people say that this woman possibly had a non-stop hemorrhage, or some other type of internal bleeding.  I can relate to this woman.  As a type 2 diabetic, I too have my own issue of blood.  Whenever I fall under extreme stress, anxiety or worry my blood sugar levels spike exponentially.  I've even been hospitalized.  But I have the same faith of the woman that was healed by Jesus and I know that my faith, at times which is inexplicable will make and has made me whole.  I know that if you think really hard, you can think of at least three people that you know who are sick whether the infirmity is minor or terminal.  Release them to the healing power of Jesus.  There is a balm in Gilead, to heal the broken soul.  Today, I claim my divine health as well that wonder working power of Jesus to quicken within us and heal us spirit, soul and body from all physical and mental infirmities.  By HIS stripes, we are healed.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment