Saturday, December 24, 2011

Making Room...


It's Christmas Eve and the last day of Advent.  "Let every heart prepare him room..."  Sounds familiar huh?  It should.  That's part of the first verse of the Christmas carol "Joy to the World" by Isaac Watts.  My favorite version of this song is Whitney Houston's version from the Preacher's Wife soundtrack.  

I think that even the Grinch took heed to Isaac Watt's advise of preparing room in his heart.  My eight year old niece just reminded me that the Grinch's heart grew three times after he'd stolen Christmas from the residents of WhoVille, and later joined in the merriment.  I think that it is important that like the Grinch, we too take heed to Isaac Watts words and make room for Jesus in our hearts.  Our hearts may not physically grow exponentially as did the Grinch's, but I am sure that as we examine ourselves and the quality of our intent during this Christmastide and into the new year, we will experience spiritual growth as we strive to be more like Jesus each day.

My church has a twitter page, and earlier this week tweeted "Have you thought about what you are going to give Jesus for his birthday?"  Beloved, I believe that the best gift that we can give Jesus is the gift of ourselves, living in the power and might of his resurrection with earnest expectation of his second advent.  I am convinced that if you make room for Jesus in your heart and allow his nature to dwell within you, your world will be rocked in unimaginable ways.  That's not to say that you will not have trying or difficult times, but we can rest in assurance that God is there with us.  "Let EVERY heart prepare him room!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_2vm3hKFo

 Peace and Advent Blessings,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment