Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kevin and Sean -- Part II

You may recall that back in December, I blogged about two brothers, Kevin and Sean.  They have a story that is very interesting and quite different from mine and maybe some of you that are reading this.  I reposted the original blog.  Read it to familiarize yourself. 

I honestly do think about those brothers a lot, often praying for them that God's will would be manifest to them and that his mercy would clothe and surround them.  In addition, I also prayed that God would allow our paths to cross again.  Be careful what you pray for, you just may get it.

This past Saturday, while walking through downtown before the storm of the tornadoes swept through our city, I ran right into Kevin.  It was a very pleasant reunion, as I was very glad to see him.  Kevin had changed a little since I last saw him.  He looked to have been thinner and he also had the beginnings of what will eventually be dreadlocks.  He looked up at me and said Hey Big Bro, you remember me?  I looked at him and said of course I do.  I thought that it was odd that Sean was not with him.  I asked him how he was doing and where was Sean.  He told me that Sean was not good, and that Sean was with their mother.  Since I last saw the two brothers, Sean had a mental break down and needed an intervention.  I was speechless as Kevin was telling me all the details and assuring me that he was in the process of getting himself together. 

I thought about the few times in my life when I was near the breaking point, but God through his infinite grace and mercy kept me.  As we commemorate Jesus' journey to the cross on Good Friday, let's take time to remember those in our society in which it is so easy to forget and overlook.  Christ came that we might have abundant life.  But what good is good living, if you refuse to share it with others right here among us.  As I concluded my conversation with Kevin, I assured him that he and his brother Sean would be okay.  The challenge for today is to pray for those who cannot pray for themselves as Jesus did for us in John 17.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment