Friday, March 11, 2011

Don't lose your testimony!

Earlier today my facebook status read "Karsten Tyson almost told someone where they can go and how fast they could get there."  Yes, it's been one of those weeks and I had reached my breaking point.  As you could imagine, this brought forth a flurry of comments and "likes" from my facebook friends ranging from "you should have in Spanish,"  or "Next time you should be like Nike and just do it."  But it was my friend Lisa, who commented with "Don't lose your testimony!" 

Lisa's comment really made me think deeply.  You all have heard me say this time and time again.  You cannot have a TESTimony without a test.  Would I really want to lose my witness and some major heaven points because I let the cares of this world a work situation potentially get the best of me?  I will blog about Lent later during the season.  I contemplated heavily on Lisa's comment during chapel today, which was very contemplative in nature due to the observance of Holy Lent.  Thank God that I have a job that provides a worship space.  I leave you with the last stanza of the song "In Christ alone."  But before I sign off, I would like to encourage you, to go through this lenten journey, and not lose your lose your testimony.

No guilt of life, no fear in death
this is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no schemes of man
can ever pluck me from his hand.
Til He returns or calls me home,
here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment