Thursday, March 6, 2014

God's Dream for me...


Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.  For the last two weeks, most of my spiritually inclined and spiritually curious friends have been talking about what they are giving up, during these great forty days before Easter.  On that great Easter morning, more than anything, I hope that I will have developed a discipline during this sacred time that will have gotten me just a little closer to living into God’s dream for me. 

God’s dream for me...Let’s ponder that for a second.  Yesterday I blogged for the first time is what seemed like eons.  I blogged about LOVE.  Love should be the driving force behind our Lenten discipline.  Often times we forget that we are the beloved of God, and that God does have a dream for us.  Danielle LaPorte poses this question.  “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?”

I have friends that are giving up everything during Lent from Facebook, Twitter, red meat, alcohol, caffeine and Lord knows whatever else.  I applaud them for that.  Maybe you have chosen to give up something during this season.  Ask yourself…Will this bring me any closer to God’s dream for me?  What we “give up” does not have to be tangible or a habit.  My friends from New Psalmist Baptist Church in Baltimore urged their Instagram followers to give up one of the following during Lent; fear, worrying about the outcome and doubt.  I would like to think myself an overachiever and try to give up all three.  Won’t you join me in giving up self-loathe and insecurities, if for only forty days?  We are the beloved of God and he has a dream for us.  Let’s walk in it.


Faithfully,
Karr 

No comments:

Post a Comment