Friday, March 29, 2013

Nailed - Station 11

On the first Good Friday, I bet Jesus did not belt out at the top of his lungs "Thank God it's Friday!" I'm sure that if Jesus had a twitter account, he wouldn't have hashtagged #TGIF on this dreadful morning.  In Station 10, Jesus is nailed to the cross.  After his last supper and evening with friends, prayer, arrest, denial by Peter, trial and condemnation to capital punishment by means of crucifixion, and a dusty walk outside of Jerusalem on the Via Dolorosa, Jesus is nailed to the cross.  I can only imagine his pain and anguish, as he was nailed to that cross.  They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Look at the images below and think on them this blessed Good Friday.

        


 

"Were you there when they crucified my Lord?  Were you there when they crucified my Lord?  oh, Oh, OH!  Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.  Were you there when they crucified my Lord?  Were you there when they nailed him to the tree?  Were you there when they nailed him to the tree?  oh, Oh, OH! Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.  Were you there when they nailed him to the tree?"

Prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus crucified for us.  Have mercy on us.  Amen.

Faithfully,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment