Saturday, August 18, 2012

Got Busy?


Well, work has yet again encroached upon my life.  This time after having commingled with some colleagues upon our return, about eight of us have that scratchy, sore throat, with coughs and congestion. The beginning of school, or rather, the end of summer can be a very busy and stressful time for us all.  Whether we are teaching, or delivering our spawn to those who teach, or possibly both, there is a tremendous sense of busyness all around us. 

It's times like these that I try to remind myself that I cannot do everything that everyone wants me to do and everything on my "to do" list might not get done.  And that's okay.  In this and other seasons of busyness in our lives, just feast on the word "PEACE".  Think of how good it would be to have a little peace of mind, a calm spirit and a tranquil heart. 

I am going to challenge myself that at the beginning and close of each day, that I take about five minutes and escape to a land called peace.  Whether it be through a walk, mediation, prayer, playing the piano, singing.  It is important to steal away, in order to experience the transforming feeling of being at one with our creator, redeemer and the universe.  Trade in your busy for peace.  Got Peace?"

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment