Saturday, February 11, 2012

Changed?

 

"Lord, I know I've been changed.  Because the angels in heaven done signed my name."  I was recently talking to a friend of mine, an aspirant to be an Episcopal Priest, and we were talking about change.  Before I continue, let me just say that this blog entry is not a plug-in for "Change that America can believe in," but rather just thoughts on an epiphany that I had. 

I am blogging from Key West, a change that was definetly much needed, a desperate escape from 40 degree high temperatures in my beloved North Carolina.  For many of us, change is not that simple.  A while back, I came to realize that change is not a single event, but rather a process.  We live in an ultra transitory world of the quick-fast and a hurry, gotta have it right now.  Change is all around us.  The most important change that we will ever experience in life is being changed by God into his glory and watching how the evidence of that change will in turn change or shift our relationships with others.

If we allow God to change us, others around us will change as well.  The transformation of God is not a quick pass into heaven.  The change of God takes time.  We have to let patience have its perfect work in and through us.  Some days are gonna be better than others.  Some days we'll feel really good about ourselves.  Some days we may question why we even exist.  But through it all, know that you are a new creature in Christ.  Old things are passed away and you have been made brand new.  Let go of your past and embrace the transformation that God wants to begin in you.  Change begins with YOU!

God's Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment