Friday, October 28, 2011

I know the Lord will make a way!

I am so fortunate to have a job in which there is a spiritual place of refuge.  The chapel at Saint Mary's is my absolute favorite place on campus.  I often go there when I just want to steal away and sit in God's holy presence.  Sometimes I just sit speechless and other times I go in armed for spiritual warfare with a litany of petitions and requests for myself, family and friends.

Today was a visitation day for our school, in which prospective students and their families come to our campus, attend classes, take a tour, attend sessions with various school representatives and attend a chapel service.  In addition to prospective families, we also had the Alumnae Council of our school present on campus and in chapel.  After meeting with my advisory (homeroom) as normal, I went to the chapel service.  I was feeling a little down and was not the cookie cutter, happy-go-lucky child of God that I tend to be on most days.  But thanks to Jennifer Moran, Director of the SMS Chorale, I was reminded that "I know the Lord will make a way."  The Chorale sang this upbeat number with such conviction, I was instantly catapulted back in time to my childhood and Baptist roots.  I was head bopping and ready to jump in with the hand-clapping.

Many times we get so bogged down with life, life, life and life in the form of work, finances, children, pets and the list goes on and on.  As I reflected during this song -- I reminded myself that "The Lord will make a way."  He's done it so many times.  He's so faithful and I'm so grateful.  Whatever you are facing, just know this:  "I know the Lord will make a way.  If you trust and never doubt, he will surely bring you out."  Beloved, God has proven himself faithful time and time again.  I just came to remind you that, the Lord will make a way, even if you can't see it.

Peace,
Karsten

No comments:

Post a Comment